On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 in Ghana. The president of Ghana Nana Addo named and introduced 13 ministers to fill the first batch of cabinet positions. Once they are approved by the Parliament, the will be serving his government for a period of 4 years.
It likely all the ministers appointed by the president will be approved by the parliament. Below are the names and positions they are designated to serve in the government.
1. Yaw Osarfo Marfo – Senior Minister
2. Alan Cash – Trade and Industry
3. Minister for National Secretary – Albert Kan Dapaah
4. Minister for Finance – Ken Ofori-Atta
5. Minister for Agriculture – Dr Owusu Afriyie Akoto
6. Minister for Energy – Boakye Agyarko
7. Minister for Defense – Dominic Ntiwul
8. Minister for Interior – Ambrose Dery
9. Minister for Foreign Affairs – Shirley Ayorkor Botchway
10. Minister for Attorney General – Gloria Akuffo
11. Minister for Local Government – Haijia Alima Mahama
12. Minister for Education – Dr Mathew Opoku Prempeh
13. Minister for Health – Dr Kwaku Agyemang-Manu